Professionally, I’m a clinical analyst with a health informatics background. I’m also a front-end web developer, classical music nerd, failed violinist, regular plasma donor, hardware geek, and a gamer from the PC Master Race. I’m obsessed with food and nutrition, so much so that every other sentence on this about page is about it. I consider myself to have a good sense of humour, but am also pretty whingey in real life. Richard is the boyfriend and frequent dining partner who puts up with me. smile
More Random Facts About Me
- I identify as a food blogger, but not a foodie.
- I refer to my food posts as meal experience, not restaurant reviews.
- I love spicy food, and have a very high food heat tolerance. Preference, actually!
- I like my coffee black and chocolate >85% dark. I just don’t have a sweet tooth.
- I have a very healthy appetite! Okay, I eat far too much.
- If there’s only one food I could eat for the rest of my life, I would be very unhappy.
- I stay in shape by sucking in the belly.
- This whole random facts about me section is all about food?!
Vickie Eats and Gets All Preachy
As mentioned, vickie.life is not a dedicated food blog, but eating is certainly a big part of my life (emphasis: big)! To me, good food is good nutrition, and good nutrition means an abundance of vegetables each day, adequate good fats (monounsaturated, omega-3 from animal sources), low sugar, moderate carbs, and as little processed food as possible. Despite all my food posts, I don’t eat out a lot and either cook or eat homecooked meals on most nights. I genuinely believe food is the best medicine and don’t think it is possible to out-exercise a bad diet. Since eating more healthfully (and of course continuing to exercise and sleep enough), I haven’t been sick much at all.
That said, if I could, I would eat 3 family-sized cheesy meaty pizzas every night. surprised